We Stock Trusted Names in Ammo for Gun Enthusiasts, Hunters, & Law Enforcement Officers throughout Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, Florida
Winchester, Federal, and Hornady are among the ammunition brands we keep our inventory filled with.
What do you call a gun without any ammunition to feed it? An expensive paperweight! It is important to have sufficient ammo available whether you are preparing for your next hunt, about to go on duty as a law enforcement or security officer, or if you are taking a trip to the range to keep your skills sharp.
At Rapture Guns & Knives, we believe in keeping the best ammo available for our customers all across Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, Florida. That is why you will see our shelves stocked with trusted names in ammo such as Federal, Winchester, Hornady, and so many others.
Of course, there are times when your wallet may be on the lean side and you have no choice but to skimp a little on the quality of the ammo you must buy. We make sure to keep ammo available for those situations too!
As a gun shop located within and surrounded by communities filled with gun enthusiasts, we take keeping our inventory filled with all calibers of ammunition imaginable very seriously.
The Benefits of Using Quality Ammunition In Your Firearm
You should always use the best ammo possible both for practice and to use for your duty, self-defense, or hunting needs. The benefits of using quality ammo in your firearm are sometimes overlooked by even experienced shooters trying to save a buck.
But as a reminder, here are a few benefits of using quality ammunition:
- Avoid premature corrosion - Cheap ammo tends to leave more residue in the chamber of your gun than better quality ammo. This extra residue from the “dirty ammo” is corrosive and can cause rust sooner than what would have otherwise been possible.
- Avoid gun malfunctions - Though there are other factors that can possibly cause a gun to malfunction (limp wristing your semi-auto pistol comes to mind), using cheap ammo only increases the odds of issues like stovepiping (see above pic), jams, and other malfunctions with your firearm.
- Avoid misfires - It can be dangerous when pulling the trigger of your gun and it doesn’t go “bang”, particularly if you are in a self-defense situation and you have had to draw your concealed carry gun.
The Most Popular Ammo Calibers We Sell
There are a lot of shooters in the region consisting of Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, Florida. However, we find that the calibers we end up selling the most often are, in no particular order:
- 12 Gauge
It’s no accident that those are our most popular rounds, as they are calibers associated with the most popular rifles, shotguns, and pistols that we sell.
In recent times we have seen a steady rise in 300 Blackout ammunition sales at our gun store.
Advice on Selecting A Brand of Ammo for Your Gun
After you have purchased your firearm, it’s a good idea to visit the range and start testing out different brands of ammunition, so you can select the best one.
What some shooters don’t realize, especially new shooters, is that each make or model of gun may perform differently with various name brand ammo. The ideal thing to do is to run a few different brands of ammo through your gun to see which one performs the best with your particular firearm.
It is important to assess which ammo you perform with as a shooter. For example, you could find the recoil of a standard 12 gauge round to be too strong, so you may opt for low-recoil rounds. Or perhaps the opposite is true! Maybe you are a strong individual and find that only magnum loads provide you with the feedback you need from your firearm.
The best way to approach selecting your ammunition is to start off with rounds from 3 or 4 quality brands of ammo. Shoot a number of rounds from each and pay attention to things like:
- Do the hits on the target land more true to where you are aiming (Of course this particular point assumes that you are properly sighted-in and you are a practiced shooter)
- Does your gun cycle through the rounds smoothly
- Do any malfunctions occur
- Do you encounter issues with the ammo properly fitting into the magazine or chamber of your firearm
If you encounter any of the listed issues, or any additional ones not listed, it is time to put that brand aside and mark it as “do not use”.
Fill your ammo needs by stopping by or calling us
At Rapture Guns & Knives, we make it easy for you to find the ammo that you prefer by stocking all the great brands and calibers they produce. Our staff is comprised of experienced and avid shooters who know a thing or two about ammunition. They are ready to help you with finding the best ammunition to run through your firearm.
No matter what caliber you are looking for, stop by or give us a call at (863) 858-1218 to have us fill your ammo needs.