We Offer Bi-Weekly CCW Classes for Residents From Within The Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, FL Region
Our concealed weapons class allows attendees to obtain their CCW permit so that they can defend themselves or loved ones.
At Rapture Guns & Knives, we are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment. We also believe that citizens should have the right to defend themselves or loved ones. This is why we offer concealed carry weapons classes.
As of the statistical data from 2017, Florida leads all other states, by a significant margin, in the number of active concealed carry permits.
According to an article written by Bob Adelmann for The New American, statistics show that concealed carry permit holders are convicted of misdemeanors and felonies at one-sixth of the rate police officers are convicted for the same type of crimes. This is an amazing statistic and one that is not cited enough when it comes to gun rights.
We welcome the law-abiding residents throughout the region of Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, Florida to attend our CCW class so they can obtain their concealed weapons permit.
Our concealed weapons class is a bi-weekly offering.
Florida Concealed Weapons Permit Minimum Requirements & Basic Information
Florida’s CCW licenses are issued by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The state’s minimum requirements for obtaining a concealed carry permit are set by the department. As of January, 2019 the set of minimum requirements include:
- You must currently reside in the US and be a US Citizen or permanent resident alien
- You have to be at least 21 years of age
- You must have NO convictions for a violent crime (misdemeanor or a felony) in the last 3 years
- You must have completed a state-approved firearms training class so you can demonstrate competency with a firearm
- You cannot have 2 or more DUI convictions within the last 3 years
Once your application has been submitted to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, the processing time is approximately 90 days. Your CCW license is valid for 7 years from the issue date.
The Cost, What to Bring, & What to Expect During Our CCW Class
Our CCW class can be taken by anyone from the communities of Lakeland, Plant City, or Winter Haven. To attend the class you only need to bring the $50 that we charge for the class, your driver’s license, and your eagerness to learn.
The class may take 2 to 3 hours, depending on the number of attendees. During the class, we will go over the following material:
- Gun Safety - You will be instructed on fundamental rules to follow when handling any firearm, such as treating a gun as if it is loaded even if you know it is not and keeping your finger out of the trigger guard until you are actually ready to fire the weapon.
- Operational Basics of a Pistol - We will talk about the different types of handguns such as revolvers, semi-automatic pistols, striker fired, etc. and how to use them. We will also talk about loading, reloading, making your gun safe, and more.
- Shooting Basics of Pistols - How to use the gun’s sights (sight picture), proper stance, how to maintain control of your trigger, the proper way to hold your pistol when firing.
- Discuss Gun Laws - We will give inform you about 2 laws in particular: Chapter 776 “Justifiable Use of Force” and Chapter 790 “Weapons & Firearms”.
- How to Choose Your CCW Gun - We talk about a number of considerations to keep in mind when selecting your concealed carry gun.
- Making an Appointment & Applying - We will explain where you have to go and what the procedure is for making an appointment to apply for your CCW permit.
Call To Register for Our Florida CCW Class or Submit a Signup Form
If you are a law-abiding citizen from in or around the communities of Lakeland, Plant City, and Winter Haven, Florida taking the first steps towards acquiring your Florida Concealed Carry Weapons License is as easy as calling us at (863) 858-1218 to register, or submitting one of the CCW signup forms that can be found throughout this website.
Classes are held biweekly. If there is too low a number of registered individuals, the class will be pushed to the next scheduled date of our bi-weekly schedule, unless you are otherwise notified.